Visa Options for Investors
The McEntee Law Group can provide investors with reliable immigration advice.
The E-2 visa is also known as the "investor visa".
Basic Overview & Requirements:
- Foreign investor must be from a treaty country (Ireland, UK and many others).
- Foreign investor must own at least 50% of the U.S. business.
- No statutory minimum investment required for an E-2 but generally we advise an investment of $100,000 - $150,000 depending on the industry.
- Works really well in situations where there are substantial start-up costs such as rental of office space, equipment purchase, retail build-out etc.
- Might not work so well where start-up costs and initial investments are low.
- E-2 investor can bring over staff of the same nationality on E-2 employee visas.
- E-2 visa can be extended indefinitely assuming the business continues to meet the E-2 requirements.
We have successfully filed E-2 visas for individuals who are buying a business in the U.S. or who want to start one from stratch.
If you are considering investing in the a new or existing business in the U.S., please contact us directly so we can provide further advice to you.